There are a lot of reasons why Budapest is starting to get more and more popular for people who want to travel cheaply: it has a lot of free destinations. Known for its thermal baths, Budapest is a pot of different culture fusions, cheap, delicious food, and scenic attractions. These three combinations describe Buda Castle perfectly. You can enjoy numerous attractions without spending a lot of money. Read on to find out what attractions are worth visiting in this historical landmark.
What Is Buda Castle?
Buda Castle is one of Hungary’s many historical landmarks. It is where the Hungarian Kings ruled. Although it was built way back in 1265, the structure still stands tall as of to this day after several renovations. As of now, although it is not used as King’s quarters anymore, the castle is still in use. It houses both the Hungarian National Gallery and the Budapest History Museum. It is now one of the most famous attractions in Budapest.
The Best Part? It’s Free!
If you have strong legs and don’t mind a lot of walking, you can enjoy Buda Castle and all of its glory for free. Visitors can visit the place any time without shedding money. However, the trip to the Buda Castle Hill museums is not free. These attractions are still very cheap and still highly recommended for visitors on a budget.
The Best Free Tour Inclusions: Buda Castle
1. Statue Of Saint Stephen
This artistic masterpiece is located between Fisherman’s Bastion and Matthias Church. It is made from bronze and is placed on stone-base for support. Statue of Saint Stephen features the very first Christian King of Hungary, which ruled way back in 1001. The statue is a great attraction if you love history, and you’re interested in Hungary’s colorful past (not to mention its an Instagram-worthy scenery).
2. Matthias Church
Officially called the Church of the Assumption of the Buda Castle, Matthias Church is located in front of the Fisherman’s Bastion. It was built in 1015, featuring a Romanesque architectural style. However, it has been renovated a lot of times. As of now, the Matthias Church features a gothic style architecture and is considered as the seventh-largest medieval church in Hungary. The church has three historic bells, which are dated from 1723, 1724, and 1891.
3. Fishermen’s Bastion
The Halászbástya or Fishermen’s Bastion is a famous monument in Buda Castle. This is considered to be the most essential architectural attraction in the castle due to its Panorama view of Budapest. You can enjoy this view, as well as a time travel to Neo-Romanesque time via the terraces.
4. The Square of Holy Trinity
The Square of the Holy Trinity is located at the heart of the place. This infrastructure was built to celebrate the end of the plague, which appeared between 1710 and 1713. Designed by Philipp Ungleigh, the Square of Holy Trinity features a Baroque design that can still catch the eyes of tourists even up to this day.
- Top 10 exotic beaches in the World
- Dream holiday in Koh Samui villas
- Top 10 Beaches of the World
- Four Tour Inclusions That Proves Buda Castle Is One of the Best Attractions
- Places You Should Not Miss for a Buzzing Nightlife in Budapest
- Brighton Beach: one of the stunning beaches in UK
- Top 5 Beach Getaways in 2016
- Barcelona Beaches – pristine, lively and having great facilities
- Bundoran – Ireland’s Premier Seaside Resort
- Best beaches to visit in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland
- Windsurfing in Gran Canaria
- Things to do in Kusadasi, Turkey
- Thinking holidays to Portugal? Then think beaches, sea and sunshine
- The Watersport Conundrum on Tenerife
- What to See & Do in Algarve
- Top five beaches of Portugal
- Beach Holidays in Algarve
- Holidays to Madeira: The Purple Islands
- Holidays to Santorini, Greece
- The Golden Beaches of Ayia Napa – 6 best beaches to explore
- A guide to Montenegro’s beaches
- Levante Beach – Benidorm, Spain
- Best Portugal Beach Resorts
- Riserva Dello Zingaro
- Cala Conte, Ibiza, Spain
- Porth Kidney – Resort Free Beach
- Four Must-See Destinations When in Paphos Cyprus
- Things To Do in Corfu, Greece
- Known For Beach Parties in the Roman Era – Capri, Italy
- Turkey’s Best Beach Holiday Destinations
- Holiday And Travel Guide For Mykonos
- Lake Morat: The Beach of Switzerland
- Corfu Island – a unique Mediterranean experience
- Splendid Canary Islands
- Corfu Beaches – only one of its kinds in Greece
- Best Beaches in Turkey
- Cala Jondal, Ibiza, Spain
- Algarve Portugal – Beach Paradise
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Baia Chia
- Brilliant Blue Flag Beaches of Northern Ireland
- Best Beaches in the World